Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

3 Years Ago Today You Passed Away.



The caring prayers, the shacking shock,
This awful new, my world did rock.
I could not understand why,
I was so sad; it made me cry.
No one ever wants to say good bye
You were so special that's no lie.

I saw you lying there,
All I could do was cry and stare.
When I saw you I couldn't breathe.
And I could feel a tremble in my knees.
Wanting to touch your hand,
Seeing you lie there was all I could stand.
So I turned and walked away.
I know you are in a better place,
But still knowing that never again will I see your face.
Except in the pictures that were once took,
and even then I can't give a second look.

You left behind something so beautiful and sweet.
A Daughter that will always remind me of you,
She looks just like you, it's true.
I know you love her with all your heart,
a bond that will never break apart.
I know you watch over her very day,
Making sure that from danger, she will stay away.
I know if you could have stayed you would,
And done everything you could.
To see your little girl grow into a beautiful woman.
And to help her out with all that you can.

You lived a life of happiness, a life filled with love,
And now you are watching over us from up above.
Life can begin and end so fast,
But the memory of you will always last.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF

Jonathan Leslie Ziegler
1983-2006

We love and miss you dearly

2 comments:

the 2 of us... said...

Thanks for the good cry, i guess I needed it and the song heaven must of needed a hero was playing while I was reading, Love you guys its hard to beleive its been 3 years

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. It's such a hard thing to lose someone who's very close to you. At least there's always that place in your heart that you can go back to, and remember the fond memories.
I too, cried as I read this. Not only did it make me think of my brother who passed when I was 12, but this morning at about 3am we got the phone call that my aunt had passed away. We'd just been to see her yesterday. Your poem was needed today. Thank you. *hugs*