Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Bug Detectives




This is the moth that Kamree and Skyler caught while out side catching bugs. after they caught it they brought it in to show us. I told them to keep the ugly looking thing out side. I had never seen any thing like it. It was huge and hairy with antennas that looked like leaves. I don't know how they got it in the jar. Any way we went on line to find out what it was exactly. well it was a silk moth and a very big one at that. We made them let it go because we didn't want to look at the ugly thing every time we went out side. What an adventure for the kids.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

looks like they had fun finding bugs. hope you will be at the reunion. maybe we can hunt bugs there. love you aunt darby

huntersrus said...

At keast it was only a moth, not a spider or snake. The kids always have fun when they go BUG hunting

spipkin said...

that moth is cool, reminds me of my bug catching days as a kid, I loved it!! I love your slide show, I'm going to do one now.