Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Dennis to the RESCUE.....

Ok so last night was very different for us. We all went to bed at our normal times and about midnight Kolbie woke up and needed a drink, so I went and got him one. Mean while the power kept going on and off. I just figured it was due to the wind and thought nothing of it. Well I was just about to sleep when I saw a big flash of green light. well a few minutes later I saw a few more and then nothing so I went back to sleep. so around 2 Kolbie woke up again freezing and there night light was not working so I tried to turn and the hall way light and nothing by that time Kolbie was Crying and the other two kids had woke up and realized what was going on. So I woke up Dennis and asked him if we had a flash light in the house I could use and he told me NO.Dennis got up and called the sheriff's office to see if they knew anything and about how long the power would be out. No luck.... by this time the kids are up and we are all freezing. Dennis told me to bundle up the kids cause the heater was not working. we found Kamree's flash light that she got from Santa, and Dennis got dressed and went out and started our generator for the trailer so that we could go sleep out there and be warm. After a few minutes and gathering the kids blankets and pillows we went out to the trailer. Got the kids settled in and trying to go back to sleep when the power came back on. But our heater in the house still was not working so we just decided to stay out there and we would see if we could fix the problem in the morning.So we all lay down and Kolbie decided that he was up and come hell or high water he was going to play. Every time I would try to lay him down he would scream and throw his sippy cup. this went on for a good hour and a half to two hours before he finally crashed. This morning we reset the heater and still nothing. So we finally got some electric heaters to use in the house to keep us warm. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.All I have to say about the whole thing is thank heavens we had the trailer.

No comments: