Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Advice anyone?

HELP..........OK so I am afraid that Kolbie is starting a bad habit.....For the last week to two weeks he has been waking up in the middle of the night and wanting to play instead of sleep and he is up for 2 to 3 hours. Where as before he would wake up and just need a drink of water and go back to sleep.I have tried everything I can think of but he seems to think its time to play at 2:00 in the morning. Usually by the time he finally decides to go back to sleep he has woke up the whole house, do to the fact he is very loud while he is awake. Also if I leave his bed room while he is awake even if the night light is on he starts to scream or say MAMA very loudly.oh and he wakes up between 7 and 8 after being up in the middle of the night, and still take a nap at 11:30 for 2 hours. I have tried everything I can think of......so I am up for any suggestions so I can get a decent nights sleep.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Here's my take on the subject.
Austin never sleeps a whole night we screwed that up at birth. However with Gaving we have put him in his own room, taken out the night light, and turned on a fan for white noise. If he wakes up we let him cry for 10-20 minutes if he hasn't passed out we check on him rock him a minute give him a drink and then the fun starts, let him cry. If after 30 minutes he doesn't pass out then there may be a problem, but its well worth it, we have absoulutly no problems with him. Austin on the other hand is mobile so it just sucks..... Try adding a fan to your other kids room for white noise, or a humidifer it drowns out the sound of screaming fairly well.... Its hard when all the bedrooms are so close.. Hope it helps.